Windows Vista Resource Kit (Updated for Service pack 1) is jointly authored by Mitch Tulloch, Tony Northrup, Jerry Honeycutt with Microsoft Windows Vista team and Published by Microsoft Press. It may be considered as valuable, complete reference book for Windows Vista. A must for Windows Vista System administrator, since book had not only covered all new features of Windows Vista, but had few dedicated chapters on Windows Vista Troubleshooting.
The book’s content is divided in 6 parts namely,
- Overview : What’s New, Improvement, security enhancement etc.
- Deployment : Setup and installation issues, testing application compatibility, configuring Windows etc.
- Desktop Management : Managing group policies, managing user disk & file system, bitlocker drive encryption in detail, managing printing, search, Internet Explorer etc.
- Desktop Maintenance : Desktop Health, software update etc.
- Networking : Configuring Firewall, remote users etc.
- Troubleshooting : Issues related to Setup, Startup, Hardware, Driver, Disk Issues etc.
Further, the book contains valuable, easy How to guide for practically every tough task. For example, here is a few list that is self explanatory :
- How to use startup and recovery dialogue box
- How to use system configuration tool
- How to use BCDEdit…
And so on…
The book is voluminous one and above stated 6 parts of the book had been further divided in to 32 detailed well crafted chapters. The book is full of illustrations and minutest of Vista’s aspect such as “how to use on-screen keyboard” had been illustrated. The book’s language is simple, the format is well designed for easy navigation and at the end, you can find glossary where you can search for the topics with the given keyword.
So, if you are going to work on Vista for quite some time, then go no further. Consider owning this book and you will never regret for your decision.
Windows Vista Resource Kit (Second Edition)
Authors : Mitch Tulloch, Tony Northrup, Jerry Honeycutt with Microsoft Windows Vista team.
Publisher : Microsoft Press
ISBN No. 9780735625969
Pages : 1969, with a companion CD
Price : $69.99 Discounted price &44.09 at Amazon.com