Saturday, April 14, 2007

No! We were blogging in Hindi since 4 years!


In its Official blog, Google announced that Now you can Blog in Hindi.

In fact we, the bunch of about 500 odd Hindi Blogger were blogging in Hindi since last 4 years! And majority of us are in Google's Blogger platform - for which Google has made announcement.

I myself had started Hindi Blogging since June 2004 (the first one by Alok named 9-2-11) and since then I had posted about 300 posts!

What I think is that Google Blogger had added Hindi transliteration tool in its bloger writing tool, and wants to announce it the other way. But this announcement is entirely misleading.

May I hope a clarification in this regard from Blogger - err Google?

Tag ,,,

3 comments:

Charles Vaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charles Vaz said...

Ha ha, good point, Its all marketing. This is a good underlying point about South Asian Languages still needing web based translation for a wider audience. We need to have Hindi online translation of web sites too.

Check out my tech blog. I have a nice translation technique which works in IE (Win XP). Opera, Mozilla-Firefox and on Knoppix too. Also, check out my radio blog (if you scroll down on my blog) and play my favourite music from my blog.

Have fun & Take Care,

Charles

sheetal said...

hi guys,
recently i found a web translator quillpad.in/hindi wherein u type in english the script will get converted to hindi.it is available in all indian languages.it is very easy to blogin hindi with this

More Articles...

Translate in your own language

Want to translate this article in your own language? Just click the Flag below